Friday, February 17, 2012

I'm BBBaaaaccckkkkk!

I know, I know......I've been off-line for a long time.  Been extremely busy, selling  my house in Fort Lauderdale and moving to BFE, Iowa, Louisianna.  I sold my beautiful Lakeside 4k sq ft house and moved to the country and a 1 bedroom, 1 bath farm house.  Yes, a real farm house on lots of acreage. 

I was inspired to re-start my blog to record my antics on the farm and preparation to go full-time on the road in a RV in the next year or so.  This was the first big step.  DOWNSIZING!!!  The farm house is actually wonderfully roomy (love my farm house!) but did require that I leave alot of things behind or given away to family.  I still have along way to go to get to RV size but atleast I'm starting. 

The hardest part has been severing my ties with my clothes, WAAAHHH!  Any city girl knows that anything less than a 100 sq ft closet full of clothes is unacceptable and verging on living like a homeless person.  Wearing an outfit more than once a month is almost unspeakable.  I thought I had done a great job, giving up 5, 40lb Contractor garbage bags, full of clothes and bringing only 5 large storage containers of clothes to Lousianna.  WELL, that, apparently is only the tip of the iceberg.  I have been advised by my partner (whom I'll refer to as Nautica) that I have not even made a dent in the amount of clothes I must part with to live full-time in an RV.  This has been so painful for me, I have not even begun to sort through my storage containers.  I honestly believe I may have to call TLC, producers of the Hoarders, Buried Alive show, to come help me physcologically deal with this task.

Living in the country is peaceful, quiet and has a very calming effect on the soul.  You have allot of time to think.......this can be very dangerous for an Aquarian like me. I've already thought of a zillion different home businesses to start, lol. Now, if I could only realistically narrow it down to one profitable one.  Working on-line right now is not an option since we don't have cable internet out here, only hot spot coverage (mi-fi) which can get costly.

Going forward, my Blog will be more directed at preparing for life on the road in an RV and sharing useful tips and websites that I find regarding the same.  Not to mention my life in the Country.  I welcome any comments or advice regarding full time RVing and networking with those that have the same interests.  'Til next time DREAM BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you stopped by and leave a note or message. All comments encouraged!